Elephant on the chest

By megpie01 Latest Activity April 22 at 11:05 am Views 412 Replies 4 Likes 1

megpie01

Does anyone ever feel like there is something sitting on your chest because of anxiety? I constantly have that feeling and I hate it. When I was younger I would used to say it feels like an elephant sitting on my chest.. obviously being over dramatic but that's what I always said. Then because of it I'm always afraid I'm gonna stop breathing. I deal with it everyday. Am I the only one that has this symptom?

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (4 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • megpie01
    megpie01 April 22 at 6:26 pm   

Thanks you guys. Glad to know I'm not alone. I guess I need to work on relaxing my muscles.

• Kimberly1988
    Kimberly1988 April 22 at 5:56 pm   

Right there with you :( it's horrible chest tightness,pain anything to do with that area I freak. As anxiety sufferers we are very intune with our bodies and we feel every little feeling inside that someone without anxiety wouldn't even notice or if they do they just get on with it what we do is think of the worse case possible. It's about learning to relax the muscles when your so tense you pull all these muscles without knowing and they contribute to the pains we feel. Try a massage or progressive muscle relaxation lots of videos of this on you tube. Hope you feel better soon xx

• bunnycakes
    bunnycakes April 22 at 12:21 pm   

youre not the only one! i get chest pains all the time when im anxious and worried… its very uncomfortable and it sucks but i do deal with it too.. :(

• kuro notensi
    kuro notensi April 22 at 11:57 am   

No I deal with the same thing also every day all day It feels like your gonna stop breathing and its scary I know exactly how u feel I try not to think about it and hen suddenly I feel it it's the worst then that causes me to check my pulse to see how fast my hearts beating and so on lol it's like a cycle for me but I know I'm perfectly fine so I try not to think about it to ore occupy my mind