Food allergies can cause depression, panic attacks and anger

By mightymouse1135 Latest Activity October 26, 2012 at 1:33 am Views 1,106 Replies 10 Likes 3

mightymouse1135

Food allergies can cause depression, panic attacks and anger, Joan Mathews Larson, PhD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOQn6U-YJo

This is a very interesting video. I have noticed myself a connection between food allergies and sensitivities and my panic attacks, anxiety, etc.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (10 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Waffleandcats
    Waffleandcats October 26, 2012 at 6:54 pm   

vidieo was really interesting. i do notice a difference with some foods & dirink i will have to start recording it all down. thanks again

• mightymouse1135
    mightymouse1135 October 26, 2012 at 7:11 pm   

I think you should, it really helped me to find out what I was sensitive too! Let me know how it goes! Hugs

• Waffleandcats
    Waffleandcats October 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm   

i will i am already starting to record everything i need to get to the botton of this, i don't like feeling this way. thank u 4 ur help

• mightymouse1135
    mightymouse1135 October 26, 2012 at 10:46 pm   

Good for you! Let me know what you discover from it! Hugs

• mooysa
    mooysa October 26, 2012 at 5:31 pm   

How would i know if i have sesitivites or tolarace! I have been extremly irratible lately. Im also wondering why im so defi in vit d b12 and iron? My anxiety physically is good but my mind wants to tell everyone to duck of and i reackon if anyone says rhe wrong thing to me at work that i would just walk out! I started so good on my vit pills and felt gr8 but have slipped back into forgetting to take them daily! Gotta get organized again and take them regulary. Should i do a food dairy? My motions go between hard/soft hence why im wondering if some foods are to blame! Also sometimes tummy gets bloated and slightly sore! Sorry for the 100 question quizz! I also got on u tube and saw other vids from this gal but couldnt find the one on tolorence! What was the title i should be looking at! Anyways how are u doing! Hope u well!

• mightymouse1135
    mightymouse1135 October 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm   

Hi Mooysa, The link goes directly to the video, besides talking about food allergies this video also talks about food sensitivities and intolerances.

A good way to find out what you are sensitive too is to keep a journal. Write in your journal a list all the food and drinks that you consume every day, along with any medication you took including over the counter, the weather, anything you consume, breath in or put on your skin can be a potential trigger. Also write down any stress that you are under. And write any physical, mental and emotional symptoms you have. I write down the date and time for each of my entries. By the way, I have also notice that heartburn and other stomach problems can have some relation to anxiety and panic. So write everything down, and look for a potential link between everything you wrote in your journal and your anxiety or panic attacks. If you find a link, eliminate the source and see what happens. Sometimes there’s a simple solution to a big problem. I use a three ring binder and notebook paper for my journal. My panic attack symptoms often include my heart rate and blood pressure going sky high, nausea, chest pain or pressure, fear that I am dying of a heart attack or some other dreaded disorder, light headed, weird feelings in my head, etc.

But everyone is different, everyone will have different sensitivies and intolerances, and different reactions. Some foods will make me feel anxious, panicky moody or depressed or easily agitated. Sometimes the reactions are delayed for a couple of hours and sometimes up to 48 hours after consuming or being exposed to whatever you are sensitive too. That is why it is so important to journal everything!

And of course vitamin deficiencies can also cause mood and anxiety problems.

Hugs :-)

• mooysa
    mooysa October 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm   

Thank you mightymouse i finally gi to see the video and am now going to source the book "trace your genes" by dr chris reading. And hope to get to the bottom of my moodyness! I do relise my eating habbits are some what aweful so am going to consciencly watch the amount of crap i put into my mouth. Onwards and upwards to a healtheir me

• mightymouse1135
    mightymouse1135 October 27, 2012 at 10:08 pm   

You're welcome Mooysa, I am going to look for the book too, it sounds very interesting. The more we learn, the closer we come to solving our problems. Another book I am going to look for is The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions by Julia Ross. This is another book that has high ratings, and it also explains how foods can effect our mood, from a variety of ailments such seasonal disorders, stress, anxiety, irritability and depression, etc. So I will be looking for both of these books! I hope that your weekend is going well! Hugs :-)

• Peace*
    Peace* October 26, 2012 at 8:58 am   

Thank you Mightymouse, I was diagnosed with food sensitivities/intolerance last year and yes you're right there is a link between these and anxiety/depression.

• mightymouse1135
    mightymouse1135 October 26, 2012 at 2:34 pm   

Hi Peace, Yes me too, I have multiple food sensitivities/intolerance, and I am sure there is a connection because when I eat or drink certain things, or too much of certain things, or even a combination of certain things, I will often have an delayed reaction, from 2 hours to 48 hours after. I have even pinpointed many of my triggers. If I drink grape juice or eat pizza for instance, later that evening or in the wee hours of the morning, my heart rate will go up to 180 and my blood pressure will rise, pressure in head, chest, nausea, etc. Of course then I have a full bown panic attack. Also some foods will effect my moods in others way, like cause me to be depressed! And they also cause many sensations and symptoms. I have kept a journal and found many things that were causes me problems.

Thank you so much for responding Peace! I am glad to know that I am not alone with food sensitivities/intolerance. There are probably many more people with this problem but they are unaware they have it! It took me a long time to figure out that this was causing a lot of my problems.

We probably have more things that are causing us reactions, but just have not pinpointed them yet. If we had we could eliminate them, and this would help to improve our mental well being.

Hugs xxxxx